Fighting Alliance Legacy – aired American mixed martial arts commercials on AXS TV until LFA 77. It was created from the merger of Legacy Fighting Championship and Resurrection Fighting Alliance in early 2017.
Resurrection Fighting Alliance
On October 11, 2012, officials from the Pompano Beach, Florida-based mixed martial arts promotion Titan Fighting Championships (Titan FC) were acquired by Resurrection Fighting Alliance (RFA), along with some fighter contracts, as well as the organization’s television contract in order to what is now called AXS TV. The goal was to bring the talents of both organizations under one roof, the RFA. Titan FC owner and president Joe Kelly was named vice president of the newly merged company; and seasoned MMA manager and owner of the Black House gym, Ed Soares, served as acting president. Original Titan founder Joe Kelly bought out the organization (Titan FC) in 2013 and self-produced two more shows: Titan FC 25: Lashley vs. Asplund in June and Titan FC 26: Hallman vs. Hornbuckle in August, both of which aired live on AXS TV.
Legacy FC and Resurrection FA agreed to a joint live event on May 8 that saw fighters from one organization take on the other. The event took place on May 8 as part of the AXS TV FIGHTS franchise. The event was named AXS TV FIGHTS: RFA VS. Inherited superboy. The main event featured a title fight where the Legacy FC and RFA flyweight champions competed for the AXS TV Super Fight title. In addition, two Legacy FC fighters competed to be crowned the new Lightweight Champion, with the RFA Lightweight Champion defending his title against archrival RFA.
In September 2016, it was announced that the Legacy FC RFA would merge to create a new promotion, the Legacy Fighting Alliance. On January 13, 2017, the LFA held their first tournament with the unification of the Legacy FC and RFA bantamweight titles as the main event.
After about two and a half years of Legacy Fighting Alliance broadcast, AXS TV owner Mark Cuban sold Anthem Sports. Anthem has disbanded its AXS TV Fights division. At UFC 244, it was announced that the UFC Fight Pass had become exclusive to LFA broadcasts.
Three Cambodian workers are held against their will in an illegal casino in Sihanoukville. The illegal gambling establishment is owned by the Chinese.
This is reported by casino.org.
This is the latest in a series of disturbing human trafficking reports centered around Cambodia’s gambling industry.
Most of these reports come from RFA, a US government-funded media organization that reports in countries with limited press freedom.
As it turned out, the slaves of the illegal casino turned out to be two women and a man who were forced to work in the online gambling industry over the past two months.
Their kidnapper is a Chinese named Long, who owns the business.
Online casino where Cambodian slaves live and work
RFA employees learned about slaves in an illegal casino from the cousin of the victims. He was forced to turn to the media after he was faced with the inaction of the local police. The man said that his relatives are forced to work even when they are sick.
Three illegally detained Cambodians, Hang Lily, Hang Titi and Nguon Chim, were promised a monthly salary of US$1,000 each if they agreed to work at the casino. Instead, they were paid less than half that amount, the source said.
When people tried to leave, they were put in jail and forced to sign a one-year contract.
“A Chinese company has threatened my younger cousins that if they don’t sign a contract with them, they will sell my cousins to other companies,” a relative told RFA. in this company to see what they hide not only my cousins.
Last month, the RFA reported that 437 people were victims of human trafficking. They were reportedly forced to work at another illegal online casino based in Sihanoukville. The RFA notes that COVID-19 has spread among workers and one woman has died.
According to the World Justice Project, Cambodia is considered one of the most corrupt countries in the world. It is possible that the operators of the black gambling market are paying dishonest officials to turn a blind eye to these abuses.
Despite this, the country’s authorities have recently made some efforts to solve this problem.
The fact is that Chinese citizens have been investing in Cambodia over the past few years. This has turned Sihanoukville from a sleepy tourist town into a casino mecca for Chinese tourists in a short time.
Until recently, the Cambodian government has also encouraged the growing online gaming industry. The authorities distributed licenses mainly to Chinese companies targeted at Chinese citizens. This caused dissatisfaction in Beijing, since gambling, with the exception of lotteries, is prohibited in China.
Under pressure from the Chinese government, Cambodia banned online gambling in early 2020. This drove them underground, into the hands of criminal elements.
The panel charged with determining where to locate New York City-area casinos issued a request for applications (RFA) on Tuesday in its first public meeting, signaling the start of the expensive, high-stakes competition for the three licenses being dangled.
The Gaming Facility Location Board, part of the New York State Gaming Commission, announced that the license fee will be at least $500 million — though companies may offer more as part of the competitive bidding — and that the minimum capital investment required of any interested parties is also $500 million. It also said any licenses issued will last no longer than 10 years.
The tax rate, too, will be part of the competitive bidding process, though New York law requires that it be at least 25% on gross gaming revenue from slots and 10% for GGR on all other sources.
Board adheres to timetable
The gaming commission on Oct. 4 named the first three members of the location board — Quenia Abreu, Vicki L. Been, and Stuart Rabinowitz — to give it a quorum and called upon them to issue an RFA within 90 days. Any bidders will first be required to gain two-thirds approval from a community advisory committee and to satisfy all zoning requirements.
“Only projects that have been embraced by the community will ultimately be presented to you for your consideration,” Brian O’Dwyer, chairman of the gaming commission, told the board Tuesday. “As this process unfolds, you’ll hear from a variety of communities and stakeholders with varied positions on any proposed subject. Such public comment should be considered by this board. There is no pre-ordained conclusion to this process.”
The Yonkers and Aqueduct racinos have been considered virtual locks for two of the licenses since they would simply have to expand by adding Las Vegas-style casino games such as blackjack and poker. The third license is considered up for grabs, with some of the most powerful developers in New York and several of the iconic names in the gambling industry already showing interest.
Proposals abound all over town
New York Mets owner Steven Cohen has shown interest in building a casino near Citi Field in Queens, while the New York Yankees have a stake in Legends Entertainment that is part of a partnership looking to build a casino in Coney Island. Other proposals that have gone public include a high-rise casino project in Times Square and another project in Manhattan’s Hudson Yards. Locations in Staten Island, the Bronx, and Long Island have also been named in proposals.
The three casinos were included in the referendum New York voters approved in 2013. That constitutional amendment allowed for seven commercial casinos to be built. The first four went to upstate locations, and those casinos received a seven-year head start on any downstate venues.
The RFA was adopted unanimously without discussion on Tuesday. In 2014, a similar panel announced capital requirements of $350 million for the upstate casinos. Rabinowitz, formerly the longtime president of Hofstra University, was on that panel, too. Upstate casinos then were required to pay $50 million in licensing fees, one-tenth what downstate casinos are being charged this time around.
“Time has gone by, prices have gone up, communities have evolved, and this, we think, is a fair amount, without trying to distinguish the impossible, which is to take one neighborhood versus another,” Rabinowitz said. “We have a uniform license fee.”
By including the casino licenses in the 2022-23 fiscal year budget, state lawmakers and Gov. Kathy Hochul sped up the process by a year in hopes of generating new revenue for a state still recovering from the COVID pandemic. Once the board does its work, the gaming commission will have the ultimate say over which proposals receive licenses. The earliest any casino site is likely to be approved is late this year.
“I am looking forward to a transparent, accurate, and speedy process from the New York Gaming Facility Location Board, under the guidance of the Gaming Commission,” said New York state Sen. Joseph Addabbo, Jr., the chair of the Senate Committee on Racing, Gaming, and Wagering, in a statement released shortly after the public meeting. “I have faith that the Location Board will thoroughly examine each RFA and make the best short- and long-term decision, based on their set of criteria. The quicker the three licenses are approved, the quicker we can begin to realize the major benefits to the state, such as thousands of construction and post-construction jobs, billions in revenue from the licenses, an increase in problem gambling monies and programs, as well as billions more in educational funding when the winning casinos go live.”